This page has moved to a new address.

A Homemade Holiday

Free Fragments: A Homemade Holiday

Monday, November 21, 2011

A Homemade Holiday

As some of you may know my grandma (actually my boyfriend's grandma whom I rent a room from) has been on bed rest from her foot surgery. By now, she would have decorated the whole house for the holidays; and she goes all out with lights and banners and a mini-carousel, and candles and so much I can't even recall.

So I wanted to do something to help decorate this year. I found this great holiday guide on ruche.com, one of my new favorite online boutiques. The inspirations are phenomenal. So elegant and beautiful. I wanted to add just a touch of elegance to the decorations this year and make my grandma smile. I decided to make a holiday wreath.



I coffee-stained pages from an old book and rolled them up. I placed them around a circle I cut from a scrap piece of cardboard. Deviating from ruche's example, I just did one layer all around the circle and wove a green/blue ribbon in-between the "spokes". The result turned out great!


I'm not sure if the picture does it justice (all I have is an iphone camera), because my friends liked it so much they convinced me to host a holiday crafting party in a couple of weeks!

Now I have to decide what other holiday crafts we should do! I also love the branches planted in the sewing-patterned pot. Holiday cards would look so cute clipped onto them!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At November 21, 2011 at 10:39 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I really like it, simple yet lovely!

 
At November 25, 2011 at 2:00 AM , Blogger Mimi said...

awwww, that is such a sweet thing to do! i think it looks wonderful! :)

<3, Mimi
http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/
$100 Shopbop Gift Card Giveaway

 
At November 28, 2011 at 10:14 PM , Blogger Andie Jaye said...

thanks so much for linking this up to my tip-toe thru tuesday party last week! i love this idea! might have to try it sometime soon! just wanted you to know that this will be featured at today's party! stop by and grab a featured button!

 
At November 28, 2011 at 10:14 PM , Blogger Andie Jaye said...

oops! i'm also a new follower of yours!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home